1. Preheat the oven to 180oc/160oc fan.
2. Butter the bread on both sides and very lightly grease a glass oven proof dish.
3. In a bowl combine the apple, raisins, and spices with 10g of sugar, shake to mix well.
4. Place a layer of bread into the greased dish, sprinkle with 1/3 of the apple mix. Repeat layering until all the bread is used up.
5. In a large bowl beat together the milk and eggs and ½ of the remaining sugar.
6. Pour the mix over the bread and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
7. Bake for 35-40minutes until the surface is golden.