This deep pan pizza dough has good texture and flavour. The home made tomato pasta adds extra flavour and a little kick if you decide to include the chilli. Pizzas are a great way to get the kids to eat vegetables by using vegetable toppings to help get their 5-a-day.
Preparation time: 15min (+ proving time)
Cook time: 35-40mins.
Ingredients serves 6
450g gluten free white flour (with xanthan gum)
325g milk warmed
4tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
1 tin plum tomato
1tsp dried Oregano
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tsp chopped chilli
50g Strong cheese
Vegetables for topping (red onion, sweetcorn, red pepper, chorizo)
How to prepare
1. Mix together flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
2. Beat egg, vinegar and milk.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well, forming a sticky wet doe.
4. Oil a baking tray and spread the mix out.
5. Leave to rise for 30mins in a warm place.
6. Meanwhile crush and finely chop a clove of garlic and half a chilli. place in a mini food processor along with a tin of plum tomatoes, 1tsp of oregano. Blitz into smooth paste.
7. Once the pizza has had time to rise, spread the tomato mix across the pizza and sprinkle with a selection of vegetables.
Here we have gone for red pepper, courgette, red onion, sweetcorn and a little chorizo sausage. Sprinkle with a small amount of grated strong flavour cheese and bake for 35-40min, until the base is cooked through. Serve with salad.
Nutritional content: per serving
Calories 479 Kcal
Total fat 15.5g
- Saturated fat 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat 2.0g
- Monounsaturated fat 7.9g
Steve Fennell HCPC Registered Dietician