This is a great dish to serve from a larger platter as part of a picnic or summer meal. It is low in fat and high in protein. This works well as a base dish to which you can add a wide variety of salad vegetables.
1kg new potatoes
2 gem lettuce
150g mixed leaves
6 large chicken breasts (1kg)
500g chestnut mushrooms
10 cherry tomatoes halved
1tbsp olive oil
40g piri piri seasoning
How to prepare
1) Boil the potatoes until they slide off when pierced with a knife, drain and leave to cool slightly.
2) Meanwhile cut the chicken into large bites sized pieces, 1.5inch cubed.
3) coat the chicken in piri piri seasoning.
4) Gently fry the chicken for 15 minutes in the oil, then add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
5) Spread all the salad leaves onto a large serving plate, followed by the potatoes and halved tomatoes.
6) Once cooked and still juicy, lay the chicken on top of the salad and serve.
You can also add a number of other salad vegetables such as celery and radish for extra variety, colour and flavour.
Nutritional content (per serving)
Calories 330 Kcal
Total fat 4.7g
Saturated fat 1g
Polyunsaturated fat 1g
Monounsaturated fat 2g
Steve Fennell HCPC Registered Dietician