1) Halve the potatoes and boil potatoes in as little water as possible, and drain as soon as cooked.
2) Mean while, crush the garlic with the side of a knife, add small pinch of salt and use the side of the knife to work the garlic into a paste. Place in a small bowl and add the walnuts, basil, parmesan and olive oil, mix and allow to stand.
3) Boil the pasta in unsalted water and cook as per packet instruction.
3) Mean while, Remove as much fat from the bacon as possible. Slice bacon into 1cm wide strips.
4) In a hot frying pan sprayed with olive oil, fry the potatoes for 3minutes, then add the bacon and continue to fry until cooked through. By this stage the potatoes should be turning golden.
5) Drain the pasta combine with the potato and bacon, and stir in the walnut parmesan mixture.