1. Wash the quinoa under running water in a fine sieve, this removes the bitter tasting saponin coating.
2. In a saucepan boil the quinoa in ½ pint of water along with the dried fruit, simmer for around 20mins until absorbed, then allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and add the quark, vanilla, apples, orange juice and mix well.
4. Add the quinoa and the remaining ingredients and continue to mix well.
5. Spoon into 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin and cook in a preheated oven at 180/160 fan for about 20 minutes.