This bread and butter pudding is made with apple, cinnamon and raisin – it’s a warming classic and gluten-free. Make sure all your ingredients are gluten-free, as some raisins use gluten in the processing.
Preparation + cooking time: 50mins
12 slices of gluten free white bread, crusts removed
30g demerara sugar
60g raisins (ensure gluten free)
2 small dessert apples, finely sliced
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc/160oc fan.
2. Butter the bread on both sides and very lightly grease a glass oven proof dish.
3. In a bowl combine the apple, raisins, and spices with 10g of sugar, shake to mix well.
4. Place a layer of bread into the greased dish, sprinkle with 1/3 of the apple mix. Repeat layering until all the bread is used up.
5. In a large bowl beat together the milk and eggs and ½ of the remaining sugar.
6. Pour the mix over the bread and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
7. Bake for 35-40minutes until the surface is golden.
Nutritional content: per serving
Calories 330 Kcal
Total fat 10g
– Saturated fat 5.1g
– Polyunsaturated fat 1.6g
– Monounsaturated fat 2.7g