Jerk is the Jamaican style of cooking in which meat dry-rubbed or wet marinated. This is one for the lovers of spicy food!
Ingredients – 8 Portions
8 x Chicken legs
1 x Can (330ml) of Cola
150ml Vegetable oil
3 x Scotch Bonnet chilli
2 x Cloves of garlic
½ White onion
1 tbsp of ground ginger
1 tbsp of Paprika
1 tbsp of Cayenne pepper
3 tbsp of All Spice
1 x Bunch of spring onion
1 x bunch of coriander
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°C at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Chicken should be marinated overnight and then set aside.
3. Take the Coriander and cut off the stalks and put to the side, finely chop the remaining leaves. Finely chop the Spring Onion and put aside with the coriander leaves.
4. Take the remaining items (deseed the chilli for less potency if preferred) and the coriander stalks. Place into a food blender and blitz together.
5. Pour over the chicken ensuring all the marinade is used and the chicken is well covered, cover then set aside in the fridge over night.
6. When cooking place on a tray and cook for 30/40 minutes until golden brown or the chicken reaches a core temperature of 75°C.
7. Take out to rest. Use the juices and remaining marinade and add to basic gravy to make the sauce.
8. Serve with Rice and Coleslaw.
Nutritional content (per serving)
Calories 570 kcal
Saturated fat 9.2g
Polyunsaturated fat 10.7g
Monounsaturated fat 22g
Total fat 44.9g