Pulled pork is a food festival favourite, but it doesn’t have to be only enjoyed when you are out and about. This recipe uses a slow cooker so the cooking effort is also minimal. This recipe works great as a sandwich filler, just remember to include a lot of salad and vegetables.
Ingredients: (serves 10+)
1.5-2kg pork shoulder (select a lean looking joint)
½ tbsp salt
½ tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
4 tbsp water
1. Slice the onions and place into the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Trim away any large fat sections of the pork.
3. In a bowl mix together the oil, honey, vinegar, water, garlic and spices. Whisk to mix well.
4. Place the pork shoulder in the bowl and coat in the mix. Place into the slow cooker and pour over the remaining marinade.
5. Cook for at least 6 hours. Remove from the slow cooker and use a fork to tear the pork
Nutritional content: per serving
Calories 174 Kcal
Total fat 6.9g
– Saturated fat 1.9g
– Polyunsaturated fat 1.1g
– Monounsaturated fat 3.2g
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are rated as a 5* healthcare provider
Read our latest patient reviews on the NHS Choices website