Ingredients: (Serves 8)
For the pastry:
250g Plain flour
A pinch of salt
140g Unsalted butter, diced, cold
40g Grand Padano, finely grated
1 Large egg, separated
35ml Water, ice cold
For the filling:
300g Frozen spinach, defrosted, squeezed and chopped
4 Large eggs, beaten
100ml Double cream
4 Spring onions, finely chopped
25g Parsley, chopped
25g Dill, chopped
14g Garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
200g Butternut, skinned, deseeded & roasted
For the pastry
1. Place the flour, salt and butter in a large bowl and rub, using your finger tips, until it resembles breadcrumbs and then stir in the cheese followed by the egg yolk. Add just enough iced water to bring the dough together but be careful not to over work. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Grease a 25cm tart tin, then roll out the pastry to fit the tin and around 5mm thick. Transfer the pastry to the tin ensuring that all sides a firmly presses in. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to rest. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 190c.
3. Remove the tart case from the freezer and blind bake for 20 minutes then remove from the oven, brush with the egg white and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until golden. When done, use a sharp knife to remove excess pastry.
For the filling
1. Place the spinach in a large bowl with the ricotta, eggs, cream & Butternut, mix well then add the spring onions, garlic, parsley and dill to the bowl, season and pour into the case until level.
2. Bake the tart for 35-45 minutes until set in the middle. Cover with foil half way through cooking to stop over colouring.
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are rated as a 5* healthcare provider
Read our latest patient reviews on the NHS Choices website