How to get referred under the Patient Choice (E-Referral) NHS Scheme
All patients now have the right to choose which hospital provider they are referred to by their GP. This legal right, which was introduced in April 2009, lets patients choose from any hospital provider in England offering a suitable treatment that meets NHS standards and costs.
Patients can choose which hospital they are seen in according to what matters most to them, whether it’s location, waiting times, reputation, clinical performance, visiting policies, parking facilities or other patients’ comments.
We hope that patients will always choose The Horder Centre or one of Horder Healthcare’s other clinics.
If you are an NHS patient and would like to be referred here by your GP we have created a simple printable form for you to take to your GP as a guide. Your GP will still need to send through a written referral via letter or fax.
- Referral letters/forms can also be faxed to: 01892 610841
- For booking enquiries call: 01892 665577
How to get referred for self pay and privately insured services
To book a procedure or service using private medical insurance:
- Visit your GP and ask to be referred to Horder Healthcare explaining you will be going through your private health insurer.
- Confirm that you have the appropriate cover for the treatment you require with your insurance provider at each stage of treatment including the initial outpatient appointment.*
- Obtain the relevant authorisation number for treatment (treatment will not be able to take place without this).
- Call our Bookings team on 01892 600804 and quote your Membership and Authorisation number.
*Please note you will need to contact your insurance provider prior to any treatment to make sure you have the relevant cover and if there are any limitations to the treatment you can have, as some costs may not be covered.
To book a self pay procedure or service:
- Visit your GP and let them know you would like to be referred to Horder Healthcare and that you will be paying for the procedure or service yourself.
- Your GP can then write an ’open referral letter’ which will advise the treatment you require. You can request a specific consultant if you wish or your GP may suggest a particular consultant, in which case this will be a ‘direct referral letter’
- You will then be contacted by Horder Healthcare to arrange an appointment, or you can contact us directly at a time that suits you.
- Physiotherapy and Osteopathy appointments are available to book without GP referral.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have and help you in understanding and dealing with the financial aspect of your treatment. Please do not hesitate to contact our Bookings team on 01892 600804 or email email@example.com.
We now offer our services in multiple locations across the South East of England.
At Horder Healthcare we have made it our goal to provide the best care for every patient every day. The words of our patients say it best.
As a registered charity we believe passionately in the advancement of health based on our five key values.
Our services are available for NHS, self pay and privately insured patients.