This salmon recipe will go very well with a nice salad, broccoli or brussel sprouts. The slaw also works as a nice appetizer with the salmon and greens.
Ingredients – serves 6
- 36ml Rape seed oil
- 6 Salmon fillets
- 36ml Clear blossom honey
- 36ml Tamari sauce
- 18ml Lime juice
- 18ml Rice vinegar
- 7g Garlic, minced
- 4g Fresh ginger, minced
- 4g Garlic chili paste
For the slaw
50ml Soy sauce
18ml Apple cider vinegar
150ml Sesame oil
8g Grated ginger
8g Grated Serrano pepper
48g Peanut butter
For the dressing
12ml Olive oil
250g Carrots, julienned
150g Red cabbage, julienned
150g Green cabbage, julienned
150g Cucumber, julienned
70g Spring onions, thinly sliced
20g Fresh coriander, chopped
Season with salt
1. To a small bowl add 2 tablespoons honey, tamari sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon ginger, and garlic chili paste. Whisk together.
2. Place the salmon fillets in a large bowl. Pour the marinade mixture into the bowl with the salmon. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove salmon from the refrigerator.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat and add grape seed oil to the pan. Add salmon to the pan flesh side down first. Sear for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook with skin side down for about 4-5 minutes.
For the slaw
1. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Sauté carrots while stirring for about a minute, add the cabbage and keep stirring while cooking for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients and dressing, tossing well to coat.
|Nutritional info||Energy kcal/calories||Fat||Saturates||Sugar||Salt|
|% Ref Intake/100g||11.00%||24.00%||14.00%||3.00%||10.00%|
What makes Horder Healthcare unique
Horder Healthcare is committed to providing the very best quality of care for our patients and customers. We are continuously working on improving and reducing risks and this is reflected in our consistently high CQC results, patient satisfaction questionnaires and minimal levels of infection.
We are rated as a 5* healthcare provider
Read our latest patient reviews on the NHS Choices website