Ingredients: (Serves 1)
120g Sea bass fillet, boned, trimmed and scored
9ml Olive oil
Small amount of fresh thyme leaves
A pinch Maldon sea salt
A pinch Black pepper
5ml Lime juice
- Place a medium sized, non-stick pan on a medium-high heat.
- Rub the skin of the fish with the thyme and olive oil then season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the oiled sea bass in the hot pan, skin side down and turn the heat to medium. Do not move the sea bass, just let it colour until it is a crisp, golden brown. Around 4-6 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan and continue to cook until the butter starts to colour and then flip the sea bass over, carefully using a spatula. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the fish to cook using the residual heat from the pan. This usually takes around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lime to the pan with the fish and serve.