1. Heat the stock in a pan on the hob and over a low heat.
2. In a pan melt the butter and oil and fry the onions until soft
3. Add the rice to the pan, stir and cook for 2 minutes
4. Add a couple of ladles full of stock to the rice, stir and cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed before adding another few ladles of stock. Continue this process until around half the stock has been used.
5. Add the beetroot stir and continue to add a few ladles full of stock at a time, until the rice is tender. You may not need to use all the stock.
6. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.