Horder Healthcare is an accredited provider of NHS services. This means that you can choose to have your surgery and treatment at The Horder Centre, in Crowborough, and also our clinics in Eastbourne and Seaford.
The Horder Centre provides orthopaedic surgery through the NHS for conditions related to:
- Hand and wrist
- Shoulder and elbow
- Foot and ankle
We also provide orthopaedic consultant appointments, diagnostic services including MRI and Ultrasound and pain management.
Becoming an NHS patient
As an NHS patient, you can ask to be referred directly to The Horder Centre for your diagnosis, treatment and care. To find out if you can have your NHS treatment at The Horder Centre, please ask your GP. Your GP will be able to assess your needs and then provide you with an appropriate referral.
As a site of clinical excellence for orthopaedics we support trainee surgeons, and it is possible a trainee will be part of the team supporting your procedure.
How to get referred and book your first appointment
Your GP will then send your referral to us via the NHS e-referral service (previously known as Choose & Book). Please note, depending on your location, your referral may be sent to the MSK service for triage first. Your GP may also give you a booking code, allowing you to book your appointment online at a later stage.
For more information on the NHS Constitution and NHS Waiting times, please visit the NHS Choices website.
Why choose The Horder Centre
- Surgery and treatment within The Horder Centre, a renowned centre of orthopaedic excellence which currently holds an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating.
- Shorter waiting times (depending on treatment).
- Superb infection free facilities.
- High standards of nursing care and a friendly atmosphere.
- Free convenient parking for patients and visitors.
- En suite accommodation with free WiFi.
- Freshly prepared meals made by our team of chefs, using fresh and locally sourced produce and subsidised hot meals for visitors.
- Access to our Joint School, where patients can attend classes to help prepare them for surgery and learn more about the pre assessment process.
Your support can help make a real difference!
Get referred to Horder Healthcare today
Horder Healthcare provides the highest quality services to NHS, privately insured and self pay patients, from initial consultation and diagnostic tests right through to surgical treatment and rehabilitation.
We are a charity
We reinvest our profit to benefit more people and help us achieve our aim of advancing health.