1. Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in a mixing bowl, preferably stainless steel, or into a mixer, using the balloon whisk attachment or hand held whisk, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
2. Whilst still whisking put the caster sugar, a spoonful at a time into the egg whites, the mixture will turn into a beautiful glossy white mix, when the sugar has all been incorporated, add the vanilla and corn flour, turn off machine.
3. With a metal dessert spoon place dollops of the mix onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, leaving an inch between each one to allow them to rise & spread, you can do very rustic ones or pipe swirls, whichever you prefer.
4. Place in a fan assisted oven at 140 degrees for 1 ½ hours, when the meringues are done they should be a pale beige colour, take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
5. Softly whip the cream and place a large dollop onto the centre of your plate, pile your fruit on top and finally add your beautiful meringue, dust with icing sugar and serve.
6. Alternatively you can pile your cooked meringues onto a plate and put your whipped cream into a bowl, and a selection of cut fruit, and let your guests build their own!