The watermelon gives this salad a very refreshing quality, which contrasts beautifully with the dry taste of the feta. This salad can be served as a side dish or as a healthy snack.
Preparation time: 10mins
1 small cucumber (300g)
1 red onion (90g)
4 large tomatoes
50g feta cheese, cubed
1 tsp mint leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
Pinch Salt & Black pepper
3 tbsp Olive oil
How to prepare
1. Whisk together the vinegar and oil and season with small pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Peel the cucumber, and halve length ways, remove the seed and thickly slice
3. Thinly slice the onion
4. Chop the tomato into small chunks
5. If using whole melon, peel and deseed and chop into bite sized chunks.
6. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and coat with dressing, serve immediately.
Nutritional content: per serving
Calories 125 Kcal
Total Fat 7.6g
- Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g