1. Remove the skins from the tomato by scoring a small cross in the top and placing them in boiled water for 1 min. Peel away the skins.
2. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds. Then finely chop.
3. Finely chop the mint and combine in a bowl with the tomato and lemon juice. Lightly season.
4. Toast the bread under the grill. If you like garlic flavours, crush a clove of garlic with the side of a knife and rub over the bread once cooked.
5. Spoon the tomato mix over the toasted bread, sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
Drizzle with a very small amount of olive oil if desired.
If you are feeling lazy, in a rush, or don’t feel your chopping skills are up to it. blitz the mint in a food processor before adding tomatoes (with skin on), lemon and seasoning then blitz very briefly.