Horder Healthcare (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the data protection act 1998, the data controller is horder healthcare with registration number z5862992; a registered charity (no. 1046624).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.hordercentre.co.uk (“website”). This includes information provided at the time of using our website, purchasing any of our products, posting material on our website or requesting further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Sensitive personal data concerning health matters from or about you if you disclose such information on our website.
- If you purchase any products from us we may retain details of your delivery address and/or password information associated with your account. We may also maintain a record of your product selections and the fulfilment of your orders. Please note we do not hold any customer card information; card payments are processed securely via a third party payment system.
- If you write to us (by letter or email), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you telephone us or we telephone you, we may keep a written record of that conversation. We may also record the conversation for the purposes of training and ensuring our service standards are maintained.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of your use of our app including but not limited to location data.
- Information relating to your general practitioner, including their contact details and any necessary details of referral requests.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (ip) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (url) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You should be aware that information captured via our website may be viewed by our medical team. None of this information will be passed to any other person except for:
- Disclosure for the prevention of crime;
- In accordance with the law;
- Compliance with the direction of any regulatory or governing bodies; or
- For the purposes of preventing injury or harm to you as the data subject.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our website or our products.
We will not sell or pass on your data to third parties for marketing purposes unless we have your consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to:
- To other members of horder healthcare;
- Business partners or suppliers for the performance of any contract we enter into with you in order to provide you with the products or services that you request from us; or
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Or to protect the rights, property, or safety of horder healthcare, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- For the prevention of crime, in accordance with the law, regulatory or governing body, for the purposes of preventing injury or harm to the data subject; or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by changing your account settings or by following the instructions on any marketing communications to unsubscribe from future communications.
You can also contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to change your marketing preferences or to stop any future marketing communications.
Third party links
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The data protection act 1998 (the “act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy
Thank you for visiting our website.